Tuesday, June 21, 2011

9 Random Thoughts: Hair, Plagues, and Just Pure Evil.

1) Every time I get my haircut now I get paranoid. Not that the stylist will fuck it up or that hair will get stuck in my bra for days but I get paranoid that other people will read into my haircut too much. Like I can't just get a hair cut to get a haircut; now it has to mean something. Guess what my new haircut means, it means I no longer have long hair.
2) I plan to write a longer blog about this for elephant journal but I just want to state briefly that Walmart is the quintessential example of evil and the supreme court has been demonized by its corporate powers.

3) The people who own are apartment complex are coming over to "inspect." Is this a Boulder thing? I just hope it's not infested with the PLAGUE.

4) Yes. There is a plague in our neighborhood, well, all the fleas have it and they're giving it to the prairie dogs and dogs and squirrels and shit. I'm sure the city is spraying for it, which will in turn kill more animals, but only later, after a year of ingesting it, then developing some strange cancer.

5) When I was younger I had really bad acne; I am afraid it's trying to do a sneak attack back onto my face. I will not have it. Zits--go find some sad 14 year-old to bother and leave me alone. I have had enough of you... (literally and emotionally and spiritually and all that).

6) Today is the longest day of the year. I wonder how much I can pack into it? I hope vodka and tonic and limes are involved.

7) Does everybody in the U.S. have this mug?

8) I'm happy to have the word "critic" in my job description, though I wish it were "life critic" instead of just "art critic" but I'll take what I can get.

9) It's going to be strange finding long strands of my hair now. Like lost relics.

Or just pieces of dead hair.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Aah, reminds me of the good ol' days of having a "hairy" head - I had no idea that there is so much pressure associated with one's hairstyle. :-) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vpBIuFnJwSY/TKIjLKX2-EI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/LigwIlHYx6k/s1600/20021204.jpg
    2. Walmart blows!
    3. Are there any "non-believers" in your apartment? If yes, then plague it is! ;-P
    4. As far as cancer goes, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixyrCNVVGA
    5. Here's a solution: http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/lgo/lowres/lgon36l.jpg :-D
    6. Have some "longest" island iced teas! :-) Also, it is safer that way unless you want to get some of your hair back - http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/tzu/lowres/tzun553l.jpg
    7. Not me, though it does look nifty.
    8. "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life" ~ Oscar Wilde
    9. Yes, finding them in your food could be a "hare-raising" experience as well: http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/cza0803l.jpg

    ReplyDelete