Friday, June 3, 2011

fun Fri(Food)Day: Vegan All Day Vegan All Night.


This week I haven't really cooked anything new. We made a bunch of falafel which lasted almost the whole week. Delicious to wrap in a tortilla with lettuce, pickles and hot sauce.

We picked up tofurky's peppered deli slices, which are sooooooo good. We've shied away from the imitation slices for several years but after having a Vegfund event and trying them we questioned why we had waited so long. Perfect for the summer when you don't want to turn the stove on for any reason. I can't wait to try all the different flavors.

Oh and I made rum-injected melon balls. Target tried to sell me a melon-baller for over 10 dollars. I said no way. And found one at Peppercorn for $3. The price it should be, if not cheaper. I couldn't find a needle/syringe probably because I'm not a heroin addict, so I tried to use this marinade injector--the end had too big of a hole--rum basically just squirted out the whole time. I don't think the melon balls absorbed the rum that well, but it didn't really matter because the fruit was still tasty.

Anyhoo, that's what's been happening in my vegan life, how about yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment