Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Day Without a Computer.


So, I blog often about internet/computer addiction and because I feel like being on the computer seems to take over my whole day I have decided to give it up for a whole day.

A whole day every week.

Sunday. Because that's the day of rest right?

Anyhoo, I did it last week and it was great. I got through like 20 pages of Infinite Jest (only a million more to go). I meditated (that's right), I baked, I went on a walk, etc. etc. It was beautiful.

And again. I didn't really miss anything. Nothing urgent came into my inbox the following Monday. Facebook remained steadily flowing. Twitter kept tweeting. And I kept my sanity.

If that's what you want to call it.

I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow.

If you need me, I'm only a text away.

No comments:

Post a Comment