Friday, December 4, 2009

The Art of : Krystal Fawn

Art Reflection

For most of my life I hated abstract art. Upon entering a gallery and seeing colors and splats with no obvious relevancy I would get extremely pissed off. It seemed so easy, like the artist was trying to pull some big joke on everyone. But, over the last few weeks I’ve been trying to calm down. I’ve been trying to not think so much.

I decided to start painting and my style is decidedly abstract. At first I thought, perhaps I’m being a hypocrite. But, I always said that “I could totally do that” and so now I have. It’s taken a lot of time and energy for me to realize that it’s okay for a painting to be based completely on the pure feeling it exudes as opposed to what it makes you think. It doesn’t have to make you think anything and not thinking and just feeling for a slight moment in time can be quite amazing.

I imagine these pieces as metaphorical clouds. Pieces of art where individuals can interpret they’re own feelings and thoughts onto the works. It is out of my hands now. It is up to the viewer. Enjoy.

Click here



No comments:

Post a Comment