Friday, May 6, 2011

Fun Fri(Food)Day: What to Do with Eggplant.


So I bought eggplant the other day because it was on sale for just $1.

I rarely buy it because I don't really know what to do with it besides make eggplant parmesan. And I never really worked it before since my mother has this strange anti-squash-family problem. As in she hates anything squash-like so I never ate it growing up, thought I hated it for years and have since learned to appreciate much of it--though "liking it" is a step-by-step process.

Anyway, I found this recipe on vegweb for Fabulous Eggplant Tomato Dumpling Bake and, it was, like the title suggested, fabulous. Plus we had plenty of leftovers, which is great because that means less cooking and cleaning for me. Not that I dislike cooking but it leaves time for other things, like reading or watching netflix--there is pretty much an endless supply of netflix streaming out there. I have several tv shows in the waiting.

And on another eggplant note: though I love the color of the skin it is probably the least fun veggie to try to peel. I almost cut my hand off because my peeler sucked and I had to use a knife. Scary lefty in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment