Monday, October 10, 2011

When, Where, Why, What & How of the Day.

Because some questions really need answers.

When?
Was it decided that Halloween would be the one time women could dress up overtly sexy and it be okay? Because it is only one day out of the year, this makes it so the costumes become jokes of material and substance and women instead are mocked. Not sexy. Obviously, there is also a deep level of objectification going on, but women (and men) (and everyone in between) have the right to feel and be sexy, however that looks/feels to them. And not just on Halloween.

Where?
Have all the cowboys gone?




They can stay there.

I mean seriously, is she serious?

Why?
Did it take people like hundreds of years to just now get off their asses and try to take care of this capitalism problem? Okay, so of course people have protested in the past but could Occupy Wall St. be the beginning of a new paradigm shift? One where people don't give a fuck about material possessions and care about people instead? Good Goddess I hope so.


What?
Is up with post-colonialism? I ask genuinely what is up in the field, it being Columbus Day and all and it being awhile since I've read any post-colonial theory. Send me links. And let's stop celebrating this stuff already.

How?
Do people go without sex for so long? I mean, there are people out there that haven't done it for weeks, months, years! HOW?!!?!?!? It's supposed to be on the same level of importance as eating. Eating!!! And most people don't have any problems doing that; in fact, I'm guessing plenty of people substitute eating for sex (considering the general obese problem of this nation) but I don't want to do that. I like food and everything, but seriously, if I do that I will not have much of a chance at any come-back. I need a plan here because I may not survive the drought.

1 comment:

  1. It is possible to survive the drought - speaking from personal experience. You just need to channel your cravings in other constructive ways - I know, it is easier said than done, but it is definitely possible!

    ReplyDelete