Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10 Random Thoughts: Garlic Breath, Bruises and Breakups.

1) I have the grossest taste in my mouth I think ever. I've been dropping garlic down my throat like the cloves are potato chips trying to keep myself from getting this cold that's brewing. Garlic + garlic toast + coffee is nasty on the tongue. I do not recommend it.

2) I like literally cannot envision my future. I used to be able to, but now it's completely blank. I can barely even remember what I'm supposed to do today, I know I have to write an article. And some grants. And walk dogs. But other than that my life is plan-less. In a way, it's nice, but it's also the opposite of who I typically am. Guess, I'm not that girl anymore.

3) I've been watching a fuck-load of really bad television. Revenge, Pan-Am, X-Factor, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, E News, CNN. What have I learned...well, if you pretend to be someone you're not you're in for some drama. But if you like drama, pretend to be someone you're not.

4) I've been thinking about bleaching my hair, Robyn style. But it seems like a lot of work. I mean, everything seems like a lot of work.
5) My foot is asleep. That happened really fast. Like, I put it up under my butt on the chair and within a minute it was tingling. Crazy bad circulation.

6) People keep talking about how it was just the Jewish New Year, and it's Fall, and how it's the perfect time for change. And I'm wondering if all of this break-up stuff happened because it's just the "perfect time for change," or because it was just time. And people are trying to be nice.

7) I want people to come and make me food (or bring me food) because I would eat, I swear Iwould eat, it's just that the making of it and then the sitting down and eating of it seems so dramatic, like it would take forever and I'd have to put so much effort into it. I think that's why I've been on such a liquid-y diet, all you have to do it pour it in glass (and sometimes I don't even have to do that).
8) I have probably a hundred bruises on my body. Every time I move stuff in large quantities like that I bruise all over, particularly on my legs where the boxes hit into my thighs. Plus I bump into a lot more stuff when I can't see over the load in my arms.

9) I want to find something new to do, like rock climbing or roller derby or long distance running or music making or kick boxing or gardening or working at some cute cafe/bar or stripping or creating a new vegan product for the market or riding unicorns, but I can't decide which.

10) Some of this may have sounded negative but I am telling you all I am moving forward in a positive light. Positive. I am positive. Not for any diseases but just, you know, excited for my blank-less future to be filled in, at whatever pace it wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment