Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Boulder Beginnings


So, we’ve been in Boulder for a few days now, though it doesn’t feel that way because of course, I’ve been sick the whole time. Every time I travel I get sick. My mom is seriously getting a complex; she thinks I’m allergic to her. Ryan says it can no longer be a coincidence but it really, it just has to do with me get overworked and anxious about getting to the place that I am supposed to be in. I can’t handle the transition. I need to be there with no wait. I could have also been releasing all the Chicago toxins I ingested while there; there was a lot of negativity to release from my system.

But, I’m finally getting better. Adjusting to the elevation, the change in time, the sun and sky being an arms length away. Ryan and I went for a hike today. Granted I almost died every twenty feet, but we eventually made it to the end of the trail. And what a view. Can’t complain about that in the slightest. And the silence. It almost freaks me out sometimes. Especially when we’re sleeping and the traffic stops. It’s been a very long time since I had a quiet nights sleep. I almost don’t know how to handle it.

It’s going to take me a long time to adjust to this new place, but I am happy we moved here. I think it was the right decision, though how does one ever really know? You can only pick one path to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment