Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vegan: Days 2, 3, & 4

Day 2 Nov. 16

Breakfast: apple
lunch: leftover tofu bowl
snacks: carrots w/ italian dressing and sunflower seeds, black grapes, raw pecans, peanut butter w/ whole wheat crackers
dinner: orzo w/ broccoli, white beans and tomatoes

Day 3 Nov. 17
Breakfast: oatmeal with toasted walnuts
lunch: leftover orzo
dinner: tempeh bbq sandwich, chipotle mashed potatoes and garden salad


Day 4 Nov. 18

Breakfast: oatmeal with black molasses and toasted walnuts
lunch: (faux) chick'n wrap
snacks: pecans, grapes

Thoughts: The food's been good for the most part. Still trying to get myself to like oatmeal, not that I hate oatmeal, but it's really nothing to fall in love with. Of course I haven't been perfect...a piece of non-vegan candy, etc. but I'm not going to beat myself up over it because it's a transition and I still have non-vegan stuff in my home. I already purchased it and I cannot ethically throw out food. That to me is worse than any of the weirdest eating habits. It really hasn't been that much of a change to be honest. It's more of a consistent "foot down" where I have to be disciplined more when I'm around other people than when I'm on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment