Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Not Totally Bitter, Here's What I'm Thankful For:

Many years ago, while attending what could be considered my worst Thanksgiving dinner (yet) at a former boyfriend's family's place, after I had "cut" the cranberry sauce incorrectly, and then hung out with the guys instead of helping the "women" in the kitchen (after doing everything wrong why would I stick around?), we were all forced to go around the table and say what we were thankful for. Again I gave an epic fail answer when I said, "tulips and ice cream."

What the f is wrong with tulips and ice cream? Was I supposed to say "I'm thankful for a boyfriend who has such a judgmental family?"

Anyhoo. I don't think that boyfriend and I spent another thanksgiving together (and if we did it wasn't with his family).
So here's my list bitches. And if it's not good enough for you, well then, perhaps you should ask WWJD and go walk on water.

I'm thankful for:
popcorn
tortilla chips
digital cameras
my mac
yoga
P90X
records
record players
netflix
netflix streaming
a tv to watch netflix on
books
cookbooks
cooking
forks
spoons
knives
bowls
plates
cups
rum
vodka
club soda
limes
orange juice
ice
drinking
an indoor bathroom
plungers (what did people do before plungers?)
a nice comfortable bed
blankets
pillows
snow
sun
plants
trees
fall leaves
cilantro
salt
pepper
cumin
strings for guitars
Garage Band
good music at just the right time
jumping pictures
facebook
oh ok, this blog too
writing in general
writing specifically
Feminists
Margaret Sanger
birth control (though more people should consider using it)
bell hooks
Judith Butler
queer theory
playing with gender
androgyny
cyborgs
cyborg feminism
painters
painting
art
art that doesn't piss me off (good luck)
Jake Gyllenhaal
Almost being able to spell his last name correctly after having a crush on him for 8 years
Maggie Gyllenhaal
James Franco
having crushes
making out
Ryan for putting up with me
new Boulder friends
old awesome friends
family (even the weird ones and the ones in jail)
f-ing tulips and ice cream (now vegan ice cream)

Now I doubt anyone would actually want me to say all of that at the dinner table.



1 comment: