Friday, December 10, 2010

Vegan Day 21-25

Day 21 Dec. 5
Breakfast: left-over vegan pizza
Lunch: baked potato with home made salsa, and broccoli with garlic and balsamic vinegar
Snacks: crackers, white beans, popcorn
Dinner: Salad Wrap
Day 22 Dec. 6
Breakfast: 0
Lunch: Hapa tofu bowl
Snacks: edamame
Dinner: sweet potato/red onion tart

Day 23 Dec. 7
Breakfast: toast
Lunch: teriyaki tofu bowl
Snacks: apple
Dinner: potatoes

Day 24 Dec. 8
Breakfast: oatmeal
Lunch: quinoa vege bean surprise
Snacks: apple, grapes, pineapple
Dinner: black bean burgers with homemade potato wedges

Day 25 Dec. 9

Breakfast: toast with peanut butter and pineapple
Lunch: garden burger and fries (Mountain Sun)
Snacks: apple
Dinner: salad with stuff in it

Thoughts: I'm beginning to lean more towards my friend's viewpoint of being a "non-strict" vegan as opposed to a "strict vegetarian." What that means is that I plan to make most meals vegan but if I occasionally have something with eggs in it or cheese or whatever I'm not going to cry myself to sleep.

This is also the case with products that contain animal-parts. I will make the gradual shift over into making sure most everything I have is animal-friendly, but again, I'm not going to beat myself up if my soap I bought 2 months ago has gelatin in it, why? Because I already bought it and I'm more about not being wasteful. In fact, I think my best diet would be that of a freegan. Mainly because I'd be saving money, I'd not be wasteful, and I could use my creativity to develop amazing meals out of weird findings. But, I'd also have to shop in dumpsters and have yet to gain the courage to sift through grocery stores' trash. (though I will do it some day, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment