Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Not About Love: Online Dating Adventures. (And Music Monday)

I know many of you have been curious about my new online dating life. Well, the website is finally up, Aimless Cupid: They Shoot, But They Don't Score.
Meeting people in real life, not through online sites, works out much better. It's very difficult to tell if there is any chemistry based on our percent match, or questions we answered, or even how they look in pictures; just because they're cute and funny doesn't mean there will be any type of connection. It can actually be a downer, going into it thinking how they're so charming and clever online and then to meet in reality and discover they're actually awkward and boring. (I know this goes both ways).

Anyway. It's Music Monday too, so here's a little Fiona Apple to set the mood while you check out the new site!


1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog, but have to disagree with your view on online dating! I think it takes a lot of the stress out of meeting new people, and gives you a chance to look at things from a bit of a distance before jumping in. I'm a dating coach, and a lot of my clients have had great success dating online. I write a blog about it at http://www.online-dating-mastery.com/free-online-dating-profile/ if you're ever interested in checking it out.

    Have you tried dating online personally? I've met some great people there and have formed lasting friendships.

    Thanks,
    JT

    ReplyDelete