Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Holly Jolly Hangover, Surprise!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
So at the bar Saturday night, this drunk guy wearing a holiday snowflakes sweater, was all alone playing a game of pool by himself. Somehow, later, he ended up talking to me and though I thought he was mentally retarded I played nice....Until he asked me, "Are you wearing any underwear?"
Sunday, December 5, 2010
breakfast/dinner: left overs
lunch= I failed and had a slice of pizza (such is life)
Day 13 Nov. 27th
Dinner: tofu scramble from Turleys
Day 14 Nov. 28th
more thanksgiving leftovers for lunch and dinner (there were a lot)
Day 15 Nov. 29th
Lunch: chic’n salad wrap with edamame
dinner: salad with vegetable strudel and fruit bowl (pineapple, black berries grapes)
Day 16 Nov. 30th
skipped food and had a coffee breakfast (slick)
Lunch Happa vege roll + vege dumplings
Dinner: quinoa bean burrito
Day 17 Dec. 1st
Lunch: quinoa bean burrito
snack: grapes, edamame,
Dinner: sweet potato and red onion tart
Day 18 Dec. 2
Breakfast: quinoa bean burrito
Lunch: edamame, chic'n sandwich
Dinner: chili and tortilla chips
Day 19 Dec. 3
Lunch: baked potato and broccoli drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with sunflower seeds
Snacks: P.B. and whole wheat crackers
Dinner: Vegan Pizza from Sun Delis
Day 20 Dec 4
Breakfast: left-0ver pizza
lunch: left-over vege strudel
snacks: grapes, orange
dinner: Vegan Meetup Potluck food (I made quinoa dish and caramelized onion breadsticks.)
Thoughts: So I've slipped up once or twice. Once being a slice of pizza and twice being eating candy without really paying attention. It's seems slightly difficult when company is present, not when I'm cooking, but when we're out at a restaurant, especially once which I'd have to get a whole pizza catered to me (which I could have done but felt uncomfortable). Plus some people just don't get it, and I already have so many battles to fight: capitalism, the patriarchy, assholes. I'm just adding to my list, which is becoming really long. I'm cool with not being mainstream, but what comes with anti-conformity is what I call difficulty. And by difficulty I mean constantly arguing and defending myself (which is the whole point in getting other people to change etc.) but it's hard work. As they say, "it's about progress not perfection."
Saturday, December 4, 2010
For: A F U to the World:
For an Angry Feminist Rant at the Patriarchy:
Friday, December 3, 2010
I was reading this Jezebel article about sluttiness and according to a recent study being slutty could just be part of certain people's DNA.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
"What's Your Deepest Darkest Secret?"
1) Have you ever been in a fight, (a physical fight)?
2) Where’s the weirdest place you’ve done it?
3) If you could be any feminist which feminist would you be and why?
4) If Mother Teresa and Jesus were in a mud wrestling competition who do you think would win and why?
5) If you could do it all over again (and you couldn't pick going into the current field you’re in) what would you pick instead and why?
6) Who is your favorite philosopher and why?
7) Who is your favorite feminist and why? or If you were a riot grrrl song, what would you be?
8) If you were magically transformed into a alcoholic beverage, what would you be and why?
9) If you could pick anywhere in the world to live, where would you choose and why?
And if by this time the person seems, not so crazy, then hit'em with the big one:
10) What’s your deepest darkest secret?Want to know mine?